Who: All faculty members who will use online tools to teach during the upcoming 2007-2008 academic year
What: Online Educator’s Symposium
The day will be broken down into three concurrent tracks:
- Track one - “Dare to Share” - Learn from current TWU online faculty members. Presenters will select one element of their online coursework to share.
- Track two - “Online Initiatives”- Get an update about online initiatives that are in development at TWU.
- Track three - “Online Pedagogy” – Discover what’s new on teaching and learning in the online environment.
When: Thursday, August 23, 2007; 8:30 – 3:45
Where: TWU, Denton Campus, Faculty Center
- Learn what your colleagues are doing in their online courses.
- See a showcase of examples from TWU online courses.
- Meet faculty who teach online.
- Find out about other online initiatives at TWU.
- Learn techniques to try in your own classes.
Are you interested in presenting your ideas? Submit a proposal for the “Dare to Share” track! Send your name, name of the presentation, and a one paragraph description to email@example.com no later than June 15, 2007. You can expect to present your topic for about 20-25 minutes. Please allow some time for questions from the audience. This track is all about sharing what you do well!