Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Use of Color for Emphasis

These comments came from participants in the February Quality Matters Peer Review course.

“…I use different colors to separate one announcement from another or to create emphasis (as someone else mentioned they do with bold and italics). I also color code specific files or folders. For instance, when I make a test available, I use red. The students open a folder with activities all in the same color and there's the red test.”

“…use colors in my Blackboard course. For example, I always use this shade of blue when I contribute on the discussion board...I call it "Brain-base blue." I don't use a lot of colors for my folders and links, but my Word documents and other attachments have lots of colors.”

“…I write online lectures for students that are visually appealing (colors, pictures, borders, etc) and in first-person voice.”

“… just use Word to add borders and other visual features to my documents. I haven't always done this, but I'm trying to be more aware of how my writing looks visually, especially in an online format.”

Source document: Promising Practices Contributed by QM Peer Reviewer Training Group, February 2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment