- Use Announcements primarily for time-sensitive information (emergencies) and to talk to the entire class (general information).
- Develop a routine to post general information Announcements.
- Query your class about options such as pushing Announcement via email. This is a good feature for certain students and an annoyance for others.
- Learn how to “pin” an Announcement to the top of the Announcements page to control the order in which Announcements appear to students.
- Don’t use Announcements as your only communication tool in a course.