- Remind students that this is only to improve teaching and make adjustments to improve learning.
- Express the need for candid and constructive comments.
- Encourage students to write comments.
- Let students know you will discuss the main points of the feedback with the class.
- Organize responses into categories such as strengths, weaknesses, plans for modification, etc.
- Create an action plan to address the most critical items.
- Discussing the feedback with the class is an important way to establish trust and credibility.
- Thank students for responding.
- Limit the discussion to 3-4 main points that you can control.