March 10, 2010
Noon - 1:30 p.m.
From Faculty Focus...
In Organizing Blended Courses for Optimal Student Engagement, Dr. Shibley will address the unique pedagogical challenges of blended learning, and the proven strategies and technologies he uses with his students.
This online seminar will cover:
- Effective blended techniques before, during and after class
- Using clickers to create a more active classroom
- Ways to reach higher levels of Bloom’s taxonomy with clicker questions
- How to write quiz questions that encourage students to rehearse material
- Best methods to increase engagement through blended course design
- How blended learning makes assessment easier
There’s never been a better time for blended learning!
About the Presenter
This online seminar features one of Magna’s most popular and engaging presenters, Dr. Ike Shibley, associate professor of chemistry at Penn State-Berks. An award-winning teacher with a pedagogical research focus on finding the most productive ways to enhance student learning, Dr. Shibley brings unique insight into classroom climate, student learning and motivation. He will answer your questions during the dedicated Q&A session.
This webinar, locally sponsored by TWU Distance Education, is offered at no cost to you and registration is not required. Please join us!